As we all continue to experience the impact of COVID-19, I wanted you to know what we are doing here at Habitat Greensboro to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, while continuing to support our mission.
What we are doing:
- We are continuing to build – Members of our construction team continue to complete homes-in-process so that our homeowners can move into their new homes as quickly as possible.
- We are supporting our homeowners in process – We are transitioning to online delivery of homeowner training and our next homeownership application period will open on July 15, 2020.
- We are supporting our current homeowners – We communicating with our current homeowners to ensure that they have access to, and are utilizing, available community resources.
- We are preparing to reopen – To ensure that we are ready to reopen when it is both advisable and safe, we are sanitizing our administrative offices and both ReStore locations to ensure everyone’s safety.
How you can help:
- We urgently need your financial support. As businesses throughout our community are impacted by closures, so are many Habitat Greensboro homeowners who make their family’s living in the service industry. These families will certainly be concerned about continuing to make their mortgage payments. We are committed to working with each family during this uncertain time, but we need your financial support to sustain us in that. Please consider any financial support possible and click here to give a gift online or see other ways to give. When you give, you’ll help us do more to help them.
- For reopening information and other Habitat updates, click here to follow us on Facebook.
- Join Together in Prayer – This pandemic vigorously impacts the most economically and physically vulnerable members of our community, so please join us in praying for those who are ill and those who struggle financially. Pray for our government leaders and medical professionals. Pray for protection over our entire community.
Speaking for myself and Habitat Greensboro, I thank you for your patience, understanding, and prayers during this challenging time. I am confident that, with your help, Habitat Greensboro will emerge stronger than ever.
President and CEO