Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro hosted a virtual ‘Mortgage Payoff Ceremony’ on Thursday, January 13, 2022. This annual event, sponsored by Bank of America, honored the 20 Habitat Greensboro homeowners who paid off their mortgages in 2021.
Despite an ongoing pandemic that has caused economic challenges for many in our community, these homeowners have persevered and accomplished a tremendous goal in paying off their homes. David Kolosieke, Habitat Greensboro President and CEO, shared the following thoughts, “Homeownership is the single largest determinant in the wealth gap in the United States. These hard-working families have benefited from a stable, affordable cost of housing, allowing them to build wealth that can be passed down to their children. We celebrate the discipline these homeowners have had in making their monthly payments Now, their homes are truly their own.”
Kolosieke also expressed gratitude to Bank of America for their sponsorship of today’s event. Bank of America has a longstanding relationship with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro, which includes being a sponsor of this event since 2018, as well as their employees participating in many community builds throughout the years.
“We celebrate alongside these homeowners as they reach this exciting milestone,” said Greg Cox, President, Bank of America Triad. “As Habitat Greensboro continues their important work to address the affordable housing needs in our region, we also remain committed to helping them and other organizations improve economic opportunity within the Triad, which includes investing to make homeownership more attainable.”
This year’s celebrants included:
- Janis B. who paid off her home in 10 years and 8 months
- Annette B. who paid off her home in 18 years and 4 months
- Nabila E. who paid off her home in 16 years and 11 months
- Veronica G. who paid off her home in 9 years and 11 months
- Adrianna H. who paid off her home in 12 years and 4 months
- Parra I. and Maria M. who paid off their home in 17 years and 3 months
- Nexhat I. and Ismali N. who paid off their home in 18 years and 3 months
- Fronita M. who paid off her home in 8 years and 5 months
- Lorane M. who paid off her home in 10 years and 7 months
- Tammie M. who paid off her home in 21 years and 5 months
- Sharon M. who paid off her home in 18 years and 2 months
- Ayman O. and Magda A. who paid off their home in 17 years and 11 months
- Sha P. and Eh N. who paid off their home in 8 years and 11 months
- Nancy P. who paid off her home in 16 years and 7 months
- Nhon and Siu R. who paid off their home in 11 years and 3 months
- Yousif S. and Sabri M. who paid off their home in 17 years and 1 month
- Tiffany S. who paid off her home in 17 years and 7 months
- Lindley S. who paid off her home in 9 years and 3 months
- Tonya F. who paid off her home in 28 years and 8 months
- Yousif A. and Manal M. who paid off their home in 15 years and 8 months
For more information on Habitat Greensboro’s homeownership program, please visit https://habitatgreensboro.org/homeownership/.
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. We’re delivering on this through responsible growth with a focus on our environmental, social, and governance (ESG) leadership. ESG is embedded across our eight lines of business and reflects how we help fuel the global economy, build trust and credibility, and represent a company that people want to work for, invest in and do business with. It’s demonstrated in the inclusive and supportive workplace we create for our employees, the responsible products and services we offer our clients, and the impact we make around the world in helping local economies thrive. An important part of this work is forming strong partnerships with nonprofits and advocacy groups, such as community, consumer, and environmental organizations, to bring together our collective networks and expertise to achieve greater impact. Connect with us on Twitter (@BofA_News).
For more Bank of America news, including dividend announcements and other important information, register for news email alerts.